Black Hawk Healthy Benefits Weight Management has been specifically developed as a lower calorie* diet by our animal nutritionists and vets, to help adult dogs maintain a healthy weight. It contains supplementary L-carnitine to help boost fat metabolism and maintain strong, lean muscles. The tasty kibble has a unique shape that fills the bowl and aims to slow eating, with ingredients to help dogs feel fuller for longer.
A nutrient-dense & lower-calorie formula, ideal for;
- Dogs with a ‘more sedentary’ (less active) lifestyle,
- Breeds predisposed to weight gain,
- Breeds that are highly food motivated, and
- Neutered dogs and older dogs, whose caloric needs are known to be reduced, will also greatly benefit from this diet
Chicken (meal & fresh), oats, field peas, plant cellulose, rice, chickpeas, faba beans, natural chicken flavour, chicken fat (preserved with natural antioxidants), sweet potato, beet pulp, essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids, tomato, fish oil, hydrolysed chicken, carrot fibre, dried yeast extracts, sea kelp, zinc proteinate, coconut oil, L-carnitine, green-lipped mussel, emu oil, D-glucosamine, selenium yeast, Yucca schidigera extract, blueberries, carrots, cranberries, peppermint, pumpkin seeds, dandelion, and rosemary.
|Crude Fibre (max)||11%|
|Phosphorous [P] (max)||0.7%|
|Calcium [Ca] (max)||0.9%|
|Calorie Content (calculated)||3,260 kcal ME/kg|
Daily Feeding Guide
deal feeding quantities may vary by breed, age, activity level, body condition and neutered status, so the following information is a guide only. Adjust to suit your pet’s needs.
|Ideal Weight||Needing to Lose a Little||Prone to Weight Gain|
|KG||Grams per Day|
|Up to 2kg||Up to 41g||Up to 49g|
|2 – 5kg||41 – 82g||49 – 97g|
|5 – 10kg||82 – 138g||97 – 164g|
|10 – 15kg||138 – 187g||164 – 222g|
|15 – 20kg||187 – 232g||222 – 276g|
|20 – 25kg||232 – 274g||276 – 326g|
|25 – 30kg||274 – 315g||326 – 374g|
|30 – 35kg||315 – 353g||374 – 419g|
|35 – 45kg||353 – 426g||419 – 506g|
|45 – 55kg||426 – 496g||506 – 589g|
|55 – 60kg||496 – 529g||589 – 628g|
|60 – 65kg||529 – 562g||628 – 667g|
|over 65kg||add 32g per 5kg of additional body weight||add 38g per 5kg of additional body weight|
Important Feeding Information
- While watching their weight, it’s best to treat them with only a few kibble from their daily meal and ensure that extra foods don’t exceed 10% of their daily allowance. If your dog is known to have a weight issue, we recommend a visit to your vet.
- Neutered, indoor and less active dogs = less than 1 hour/day of low impact activity eg. lead walking.
- 1 metric cup (250ml) = approximately 110g.
- Make sure fresh water in a clean bowl is available at all times.