Omega Plus provides Essential Marine-Based Nutrition. High in essential long chain marine-based omega 3s (O3) and 6s (O6). The pet body does not produce omegas. Long chain marine-based omegas are broken down by the body more effectively than short chain land-based omega (O3’s). Pet body has very poor conversion/absorption of land- based omega 3s.
- Omega Plus has a minimum omega 3 level of 2.5% (2.5g per 100g). This is far higher than any other product in New Zealand supermarkets – the so called good ones tend to be less than 0.5%.
- Omega Plus has a ratio of 1 to 1.5 (one omega 3 to 1.5 omega 6) Anything less than 1:4 is considered excellent. You do not want too much omega 6 in your pet’s diet as they are inflammatory, causes body to inflame and makes autoimmune diseases worse.
Omega Plus facts:
- All natural; there are no fillers or by-products
- High in Protein – also good quality protein. The raw salmon we use (primary ingredient) is an excellent protein and easily digestible. Meals tend to be poor quality protein due to the high temperature processing used to dry the meal. This makes them less bioavailable (digestible and useable). Our protein percentage may be lower than other brands but better quality and therefore more available for the animal.
- Salmon is the #1 ingredient in all products – high quality fit for human grade consumption raw materials.
- Our Treats are 100% salmon – nothing else.
- Salmon oil is 99.95% salmon oil. 0.05% vitamin E as an antioxidant.
- The pink colour in Salmon is from Astaxanthin. Astaxanthin is a powerful antioxidant that protects the body. Astaxanthin is a red pigment created by microalgae giving some sea creatures such as salmon, krill, crayfish and flamingos their red colour. When certain algae are stressed, they release Astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant that helps protect it from the change in environment
- 100% New Zealand made.
- High in salmon
- Grown and produced right here in New Zealand.
- Sustainably grown salmon using high quality product that would have otherwise been wasted. Minimising waste in our business whilst producing a high nutritious end product.
- Animals love the taste of salmon! Cats find it highly palatable…we all know how fussy Cats can be. For Cats smell is very important (more so than taste) and our salmon gives the food a great smell that Cats love.